Updated: 24 May 2018
This privacy statement sets out how Equine Nutrition.vet (the data controller) uses and protects any information that you provide to us when you use the Equine Nutrition.vet website or otherwise provide Equine Nutrition.vet with your personal information.
Equine Nutrition.vet is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Equine Nutrition.vet may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 May 2018.
By providing us with your personal information, you agree and consent to its transfer, processing, use and disclosure as outlined in this privacy statement.
What we collect
We collect personally identifiable information (PII) that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. We only do this when you have agreed to our request for that information. This PII may include your:
- Name in full.
- Contact information including email address and phone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, street name, residency number.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To allow Equine Nutrition.vet to accurately deliver orders.
- Internal record keeping, such as new user or repeat customer.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send you emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To respond to your requests or queries and improve the content of our communication.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing PII with third parties
At Equine Nutrition.vet we only pass personal information on to 3rd party providers when it is essential to do so, for example, processing orders, accounting, marketing emails and performance tracking. Below we have highlighted the types of information that we share with each of our service providers.
- PayPal: IP Address, Card Details, Full Name and Address - We use PayPal Pro to securely process all payments at Equine Nutrition.vet, all processing is carried out live when a customer confirms a purchase, no card data is stored on Equine Nutrition.vet systems, because of this we can not manually create repeat orders for customers.
- MailChimp: We pass on email addresses and the name of the user to MailChimp with the consent of those customers who subscribe to newsletter and marketing emails.
- DHL: We pass order details to DHL to generate shipping labels for orders to be delivered, this information consists of full name, phone number, delivery address as given.
- KashFlow: For Accounting porpuses we send order details including the purchaser's full name and contact details including billing and delivery address if different.
How we protect your PII
Equine Nutrition.vet will take appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your personal information consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. When Equine Nutrition.vet uses a third-party service provider including a Service Partner, that provider will be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your PII from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or a mobile phone network connection is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of the PII you transmit to our websites: any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When we may disclose your PII to others
Equine Nutrition.vet reserves the right to disclose personal information about you, including your e-mail address, for reporting to government authorities, to parties in relevant legal proceedings as authorized by the presiding court or tribunal and otherwise to the extent required or explicitly authorized by applicable law. In certain special cases where permitted by local law, we may disclose your PII:
- When we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you or otherwise injuring or interfering with Equine Nutrition.vet´s rights, property or operations, other users of this website or mobile application or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- When we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a product line or division, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
PII collected may be transferred to, stored and processed in your country of residence or any other country in which Equine Nutrition.vet (including its affiliates), subcontractors or agents maintain facilities, including the United States and countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This means that your information may be processed in countries with lower data protection standards than your country of residence. By using our website, you consent to any transfer, processing or storing of information outside of your country of residence and outside the EEA. We will ensure that if information is transferred outside your country of residence, it will still be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Use of IP addresses
An IP address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider or through your organisation's local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at sales@equine nutrition.vet
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Controller: Ian Mitchell
Email: sales@equine nutrition.vet
Post: Equine Nutrition, Unit 113/98 Woodlands Road, Charing Cross, Glasgow, G3 6HB